A Salvation Story
Sunday, November 13 2016 @ 06:00 AM CST
Contributed by: Ricky
Radio transcript for the week of November 13, 2016
Ricky Berger speaks on "A Salvation Story" on Seeking the Lost - International Radio.
The book of Acts is a book of conversions. Let me explain. Acts immediately follows The Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, it is twenty-eight chapters long. In these twenty-eight chapters, there are nine specific accounts of conversion. The book literally tells about thousands of people becoming Christians in the first century. The book teaches about the beginning of the church in Acts 2, then the spread of Christianity to other areas of the world. Let’s take a moment to notice one of these conversions to Christ.
Acts 8 actually reveals two separate conversion accounts. It begins with the conversion of Simon and the Samaritans (Acts 8:4-13). This is followed by the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch. This man was returning from worshiping God and yet, he continued to study and learn about God on his return home. God used Philip the evangelist to meet this eunuch and teach him about Christianity (Acts 8:26-40). Philip simply used the Scriptures to direct this man to a better knowledge of the Word of God and salvation.
What does the Bible say about salvation?
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
- But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).
- Not everyone will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:13-14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).
- Only those who obey God will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:21).
- Obedience means believing that Jesus is the Son of God (John 8:24; Hebrews 11:6).
- Repenting of sins (a change of life) (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30).
- Confessing your faith in Jesus (Romans 10:9-10).
- Being baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; 1 Peter 3:20-21).
- Live as a faithful Christian until death (Titus 2:12; Revelation 2:10).
What does the Bible say about how we are to worship God?
- We are to worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).
- Worship is to be on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7).
- The male members are to lead the worship service (1 Corinthians 14:34).
- God’s word is to be preached (Acts 20:7).
- Prayer is to be offered to Him (Acts 2:42).
- Christians are to give cheerfully according to how God has prospered them (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
- The Lord’s Supper is to be taken (1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Acts 20:7).
- Members are to sing one to another from the heart (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
- We are not to change by adding to or taking from (Revelation 22:18-19).