Do Not Divide the Church
Sunday, November 27 2016 @ 06:00 AM CST
Contributed by: Ricky
Radio transcript for the week of November 27, 2016
Ricky Berger speaks on "Do Not Divide the Church" on Seeking the Lost - International Radio.
Division: The best way to hurt the church and work of it. Jesus prayed for our unity (John 17). The Holy Spirit instructed the church to have unity. Christians are God’s children; we are family. We must work together as family. People not following the commands of the Father are not His children, regardless of their claims. Among those who are following the Father’s commands, unity is expected. The church at Corinth had a lot of problems. Love is the answer to solve these problems (1 Corinthians 13). What seems to be at the bottom of all of these problems is division (1 Corinthians 1-3). If a congregation is not working together to accomplish the will of God, it could possibly be working against the will of God. Personal opinions and a lack of understanding God’s word leads to this division. Not having a respect for God’s word as total authority can also lead to division. To be truly united, we must allow the Bible to mold our lives and congregations we’re we worship.
What does the Bible say about salvation?
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
- But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).
- Not everyone will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:13-14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).
- Only those who obey God will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:21).
- Obedience means believing that Jesus is the Son of God (John 8:24; Hebrews 11:6).
- Repenting of sins (a change of life) (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30).
- Confessing your faith in Jesus (Romans 10:9-10).
- Being baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; 1 Peter 3:20-21).
- Live as a faithful Christian until death (Titus 2:12; Revelation 2:10).
What does the Bible say about how we are to worship God?
- We are to worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).
- Worship is to be on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7).
- The male members are to lead the worship service (1 Corinthians 14:34).
- God’s word is to be preached (Acts 20:7).
- Prayer is to be offered to Him (Acts 2:42).
- Christians are to give cheerfully according to how God has prospered them (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
- The Lord’s Supper is to be taken (1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Acts 20:7).
- Members are to sing one to another from the heart (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
- We are not to change by adding to or taking from (Revelation 22:18-19).