Sowing and Reaping
Friday, February 05 2010 @ 05:00 AM CST
Contributed by: Jake
The Bible teaches that a person's behavior carries consequences. The Bible also teaches that a person can deceive himself into thinking that he will not reap what he sows. God's Word says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting." (Galatians 6:7-8).
In light of the the scripture above, you are only fooling yourself if...
- You think you can neglect your soul's salvation upon earth and not be held accountable for it in eternity (Hebrews 2:1-3, Hebrews 5:9, John 5:28-29, 2 Corinthians 5:10).
- You think you can spend most, if not all, of your time with wicked people and not become like them (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- You think you can be a "part-time", "some-time", "name-on-the-roll-only", "holiday-only" Christian and be pleasing to God (Matthew 6:33, Luke 9:23, Revelation 3:14-16).
- You think you can spend your young-adult life pursuing the pleasures of the world and then easily persuade your spouse or future-spouse to become a Christian (1 Peter 3:1-4, 1 John 2:15-17).
- You think you can marry a child of the devil and expect to have no trouble with your "father-in-law" (John 8:44).
- You think you can raise your children to question or defy all authority and expect them to be good citizens, let alone Christians (Ephesians 6:1-4, Colossians 3:20-21).
- You think you can teach one way and live another and expect those listening to you to follow the former and not the latter (Matthew 5:13, Matthew 5:16, Matthew 6:24, Matthew 12:30).
- You think you can fall from grace, live and die in that condition, and still be saved (Galatians 6:1, 2 Peter 2:20-22, James 5:19-20).
- You think just doing "good deeds" and spending money for "good causes" will get you into heaven (Matthew 7:21-27).
- You think you can run with the sinners during the week and worship acceptably with the saints on Sunday (1 Peter 3:10-12, 1 John 1:7, John 4:24).
- You think you can go to heaven or hell and not "take someone with you" (Matthew 12:30, Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-16, John 1:35-42).