The Day of the Lord
Sunday, June 26 2016 @ 06:00 AM CDT
Contributed by: Ricky
Radio transcript for the week of June 26, 2016
Ricky Berger preaches on "The Day of the Lord" on Seeking the Lost - International Radio.
Each day we get a day closer to the final day. This will be the day when Jesus returns to judge all the people who have ever lived (Matthew 25:31-46). On this day Jesus will end this world, as a matter of fact, He will destroy the world (2 Peter 3:10). We are never guaranteed to live another tomorrow (James 4:14). It is of eternal importance that we live faithfully to God in preparation of our Lord’s return (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9). Paul used the return of Jesus as comforting words to the church at Thessalonica (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). Are you ready for the Lord's return? To get ready you must be in Christ (Galatians 3:27). Then you must live and serve God faithfully for the rest of your life as directed in the pages of the New Testament.---
What does the Bible say about salvation?
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
- But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).
- Not everyone will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:13-14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).
- Only those who obey God will go to Heaven (Matthew 7:21).
- Obedience means believing that Jesus is the Son of God (John 8:24; Hebrews 11:6).
- Repenting of sins (a change of life) (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30).
- Confessing your faith in Jesus (Romans 10:9-10).
- Being baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; 1 Peter 3:20-21).
- Live as a faithful Christian until death (Titus 2:12; Revelation 2:10).
What does the Bible say about how we are to worship God?
- We are to worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).
- Worship is to be on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7).
- The male members are to lead the worship service (1 Corinthians 14:34).
- God’s word is to be preached (Acts 20:7).
- Prayer is to be offered to Him (Acts 2:42).
- Christians are to give cheerfully according to how God has prospered them (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
- The Lord’s Supper is to be taken (1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Acts 20:7).
- Members are to sing one to another from the heart (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
- We are not to change by adding to or taking from (Revelation 22:18-19).