When You Thought I Was Not Looking
Friday, January 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM CST
Contributed by: Jake
When you thought I wasn't looking,
- I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.
- I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
- I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.
- I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to, and I learned to trust Him.
- I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
- I saw you give your time and money to help people who had nothing, and I learned that those of us who have something should give to those who don't.
- I felt you kiss me good-night, and I felt loved and safe.
- I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
- I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grew up.
- I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's alright to cry.
- I saw that you care, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
- I learned most of life's lessons that I needed to know to be a good and productive person when I grew up.
- I looked at you and wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking".
~ Mary Rita Schilke Korzan